Walking has come back into my life in a serious way after nearly ten years of doing increasingly more work behind a computer screen. In an attempt to fight this sedantary lifestyle and continue the fitness and weightloss programme I'm following, I've set myself a series of challenges. The first was 'the Ben' (as we mountaineers call it) and the next lined up is to walk to Canterbury from Downe (Kent) - this will be about 50 miles. In order to motivate myself to do it, I'm doing it for charity - well actually for a youth theatre group I manage. I've also enlisted the help of some other 'fans of the drama' to get involved. In fact, a large group of us have been walking regularly since January this year, mostly on Sundays: we've been to some great places - above is the group picture from the 4th April walk in and around Otford - it was a particularly beautiful day. This weekend there's one in Chislehurst and I'm hoping they'll be bluebells out this time! They are quite a sight in this area.Wednesday, 22 April 2009
Walking on sunshine
Walking has come back into my life in a serious way after nearly ten years of doing increasingly more work behind a computer screen. In an attempt to fight this sedantary lifestyle and continue the fitness and weightloss programme I'm following, I've set myself a series of challenges. The first was 'the Ben' (as we mountaineers call it) and the next lined up is to walk to Canterbury from Downe (Kent) - this will be about 50 miles. In order to motivate myself to do it, I'm doing it for charity - well actually for a youth theatre group I manage. I've also enlisted the help of some other 'fans of the drama' to get involved. In fact, a large group of us have been walking regularly since January this year, mostly on Sundays: we've been to some great places - above is the group picture from the 4th April walk in and around Otford - it was a particularly beautiful day. This weekend there's one in Chislehurst and I'm hoping they'll be bluebells out this time! They are quite a sight in this area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment